NEW Flo Prints In the Sand
Cast a memory in glass to keep forever!
The perfect gift for newborns, fur-friends and small children!
Create individually cast glass impressions of your dearest young ones feet and hands, and even paw prints of your favourite fur friends! Your print can be made into treasured keepsakes to last a lifetime.
Click here to purchase your Flo Print online!
How it works:
1. Place your order for a small or medium sized flo-prints casting online.
2. With every purchase, a confirmation email will be sent which also includes an instructional video outlining how to create your clay imprinted mould from home.
Note: Local Ottawa orders are also welcome to come in to the studio to grab their complementary pre-made ‘casting kit’.
3. Once the imprinted mould is dry (could take up to 10 days) deliver safely back to Flo Glassblowing’s studio where it is used to press into a fresh bed of sand.
4. Hot molten glass is then poured directly onto the impression using a technique called Sandcasting!
5. The glass tiles cool in a kiln overnight.
6. Once the glass is cooled in full, the unique artwork is all done and ready for pickup! Delivery is also available upon request.
Unlike ink or clay prints, these glass impressions are mess free and will never break down. Illuminated in the light, they stand upright and showcase beautifully as an art piece with extra special sentiment. Perfect in front of the window or on any mantel, they also make for lovely bookends, or window tiles. Most importantly, each finished item is solid and extremely durable so that it can be cherished forever in the home for generations to come.
Please allow 4-6 weeks to produce your Flo Print after we have received your completed imprint at the studio.
We are able to respond to correspondence during our office hours which run Thursday-Saturday.